Bobby Fischer Ultimate Chess Pieces - Redwood/Boxwood - 3.70" King - In Stock!
Ultimate Chess Pieces - Redwood/Boxwood - 3.70" King
The Ultimate chess set has a long and storied history. First brought about by Dewain R. Barber and Jay Blem to give the market a sturdy, reliable set that would not break the bank. Heavy and durable, this set became the iconic chess set here in the United States.
We took the set from a 3 5/8" King to a 3.70" king. Since we could not use the lead weights anymore we widened the base a little to keep the weight up. At 3.747 lbs, it is one of the heaviest wood sets for its size on the market
We took our Ultimate Chess pieces to our factory in India and had them turn an exact copy of the pieces. These are some of the heaviest wood chess pieces out there for the size.
- Traditional Staunton style chess pieces
- Fits perfectly on a 2.25" square board
- 3.70" king. USCF and FIDE tournament regulation size
- Pieces are kiln dried Redwood (Dark) and Boxwood (Light) pieces
- Pieces are handpolished & weighted for better stability during play
- Weighs in at 3.70" chessmen with felt bottoms
- Set comes with 32 pieces (Single Queens)
- This Redwood (Paduk) set comes with a cleaning rag in the box. The pieces can come a little dusty and might need to be rubbed to bring out the true finish.
Excellent craftsmanship. The pieces look great and also play great. The redwood is just gorgeous. Well packed, came through 100% perfect and fast. Thinking of now buying a golden rosewood set also. Thank You, Shelby.
We Also Recommend
Bobby Fischer Ultimate Chess Pieces - Sheesham/Boxwood - 3.70" King - In Stock!
Classic Staunton Chessmen – Weighted & Handpolished Wood with 3 in. King
Classic Staunton Chessmen – Weighted & Handpolished Wood with 3.75 in. King