Chess 101 Series Beginner Puzzles - By Dave Schloss
Learning how to play chess involves more than just knowing how to move the pieces. Chess 101, is a chess book for beginners that provides comprehensive chess training about everything a new player needs to know.
This beginner chess book covers the following topics:
- Types of boards and pieces
- Setting up the board
- The value of the pieces
- How the pieces move, including castling and "en passant"
- Chess notation
- The three phases of the game of chess
- How to study chess
- What a chess rating is and how to get one
- Chess clock rules
- An overview of faster chess games
- The mechanics of a tournament
- Rules and etiquette
- Tips to winning chess
Chess 101 also contains over two dozen exhibits, designed to help you learn to play chess with ease!
It's also now a recommended resource by the Boy Scouts of America for those wanting to obtain their chess merit badge.