WE Games Triple Weight Tournament Staunton Chessmen - Black & Cream Plastic Set with 3.75 Inch King
Checkmate! These chessmen combine the traditional Staunton style with the durability of plastic. They are triple weighted with felt bottoms and feature black and ivory pieces. The Staunton design has become the standard for tournament play. The pieces are easily distinguishable making for easier game play. Knights are made to resemble the head and neck of a horse. Kings are the tallest pieces featuring a cross atop a closed crown. Queens are slightly smaller than the kings, and feature a coronet topped with a small ball. Rooks feature castle battlements, and bishops resemble a liturgical headdress of a western church. Pawns are the smallest and are topped by a plain ball. The pieces which represent humans (the king, queen, bishop, and pawn) feature a collar which separates the body from the head design. These will be enjoyed for years to come.
• Chessmen meet the World Chess Federation's (FIDE) height and proportions standards for tournament play.
• Pieces are black & cream plastic in traditional Staunton style - triple weighted for better stability
• King measures 3.75 in. with 1.78 in. diameter base
• Complete set of 32 pieces (plus 2 extra queens)
• Very Durable Chess Pieces
We Also Recommend
Best Value Staunton tournament chess pieces - black and cream plastic chessmen with 3.75 inch king
WE Games Classic Tournament Staunton Chessmen - Heavy Weighted Black & Cream Plastic Set with 3.75 Inch King
WE Games Super Tournament Staunton Chessmen - Triple Weighted Black & Cream Plastic Set with 4 in. King