Egyptian Chess Set – Pewter Pieces & Walnut Root Board 16 in.162116
Over 5000 years later, we continue to be fascinated with the ancient Egyptian civilization. Their advancements in science, architecture, and medicine continue to mystify modern scientists and engineers. Their world and the priceless buried treasure they left behind thousands of years later captivate us. Now, you have the chance to get a taste of that ancient style and wonder with our beautifully made Egyptian pewter chess pieces. Pharaoh, the Royal Consort, the Falcon god Horus, the Cat god Beset, a classic Egyptian Obelisk, and finally the after-life god, Anubis all play their roles as the King, Queen, Bishop, Knight, Rook, and Pawn respectively in this gorgeous rendition of Chess. The pieces display an incredible array of detail on all sides, including hieroglyphs! It’s truly a stunning set that you will want to display in a place of prominence. The chessmen come with a beautiful 16 inch Walnut Root Chessboard with rounded corners.
- Egyptian theme chessmen are sculpted pewter
- Pewter Pharaoh (King) measures 3.25 in. with .95 in. base – pieces collectively weigh 7.5 lbs.
- Walnut root veneer board is dark brown and natural with inlay border & rounded corners
- Board measures 16 x 16 x 0.52 in. with 1.75 in. squares
- Includes 32 chessmen with felt bottoms