Staunton Chess Set – Weighted Chessmen with Floral Etched Pyrography Design & Black Stained Wooden Board 19 in.127119
Are you looking for a unique chess set that still retain the time honored style of the classic Staunton line? This one might capture your fancy. Made of Boxwood these chessmen have a varied wood tone pattern achieved by the art of Pyrography. It is the process of drawing shapes on a piece of wood, by burning lines into the surface of the wood in various intensities and patterns, with a soldering iron tool. The art form has been practiced by a number of cultures including the Egyptians since the dawn of recorded history. Pyrography means inchwriting with fire inch, from the Greek pur (fire) and graphos (writing). These chessmen are elegant, masterfully made with an impressive weight and will be a conversation piece in your home. Comes on an chic black stained wooden board that’s deep color shows off these exceptional chessmen.
- Staunton style chess pieces feature hand carved pyrography design resulting in an elegant multi tone of brown and natural
- Solid boxwood chessmen are weighted & handpolished
- King measures 3.75 in. with 1.5 in. diameter base – pieces collectively weigh 2.4 lbs.
- Board is black stained & natural wood with border detailing – measures 19 in. with 2 in. squares
- Includes 32 chessmen with felt bottoms
We Also Recommend
Tournament Chess Pack – Staunton Pieces with Vinyl Board and Tote