Staunton Chessmen with Floral Pyrography Design – Weighted with 3.75 Inch King037135
Are you looking for a unique set of chessmen that still retain the time honored style of the classic Staunton line? These chessmen might capture your fancy. Made of Boxwood these chessmen have a varied wood tone pattern achieved by the art of Pyrography. It is the process of drawing shapes on a piece of wood, by burning lines into the surface of the wood in various intensities and patterns, with a soldering iron tool. The art form has been practiced by a number of cultures including the Egyptians since the dawn of recorded history. Pyrography means “writing with fire”, from the Greek pur (fire) and graphos (writing). These chessmen are elegant, masterfully made with an impressive weight and will be a conversation piece in your home.
- Chessmen are traditional Staunton style
- Pieces feature hand carved pyrography design resulting in an elegant multi tone of brown and natural
- Solid boxwood chessmen are weighted & handpolished
- King measures 3.75 in. with 1.5 in. diameter base – pieces collectively weigh 2.4 lbs.
- Includes 32 chessmen with felt bottoms
We Also Recommend
WE Games Staunton Tournament Chess Pieces in Assorted Colors - Plastic with 3.75 inch king - Half Set
Best Value Staunton tournament chess pieces - black and cream plastic chessmen with 3.75 inch king