Chess Rules for Students - by John Bain
An instructional workbook designed for students learning the game of chess and for beginning students returning to the game after an absence. No previous knowledge of chess is necessary. Parents unfamiliar with chess will find this booklet a valuable guide to their child's new interest. Chess Rules For Students is designed with students, coaches, and parents in mind.
- No previous knowledge of chess is necessary.
- Reading level is appropriate for grade-school use.All major rules of chess are covered.
- Algebraic notation is covered.
- Each page is in easy-to-use worksheet format.
- Page-by-page activities assess student understanding.
- Activities are comprehensive, yet easy to correct.
- Student-friendly Answer Key makes self-correction fun.
- Field-tested Portfolio Assessment Activity
Chess Rules For Students has been extensively field-tested with elementary, middle-school and high-school students and with at-risk students. Chess Rules For Students is an ideal portfolio assessment activity.